CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Ameritron AL-811 for Contesting, OK or not?

To: Paul Roche <rochep@comcast.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ameritron AL-811 for Contesting, OK or not?
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 19:58:12 -0400
Paul,

We took an AL-811H (the four-tube model) to the Bahamas as one rig of a
multi-two station for ARRL DX CW.  We hammered it on 80/20/10 with no
problems for 48 hours.

Now, we did not run it at it's absolute maximum ratings; more like 500-600W
as I recall.  At those levels the case temp stayed reasonable with typical
Caribbean temperatures (80 deg F, even in February) and the tubes we not
flogged excessively.

73,

Dave/K8CC