CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations / Results /Overspottinganditsimpa

To: CQ CONTEST <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations / Results /Overspottinganditsimpact
From: John Geiger <aa5jg@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 06:59:06 -0700 (PDT)
Would it be possible for the individuals who control the main spotting clusters
to devise a filter of sorts for the next WRTC, where any spot for a WRTC team
call doesn't make it onto the cluster.  I don't know much about the software
workings of a cluster, but it seems like something could be done like that.
Maybe set it up so close "busts" also wouldn't show up.

It might also be interesting in the next WRTC to still do it field day style,
but give each time something like a FT450 and a dipole to use.  See what the
ops could do with a little pistol setup.  That would really bring out the
operating skill in them.

73s John AA5JG