CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Why not do a test??

To: <k0rc@citlink.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why not do a test??
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 16:31:40 -0400
The existing transmitting beacons are useless unless they use standard
antennas properly oriented at similar site types and they are in useful
general locations in the USA.

Reverse beacons with us using antennas we can control would be perfect. We
would get an accurate comparison of sources with identical ERP and patterns
at many individual receive sites.