CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] PU2FAN apologizes about selfspoting.

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PU2FAN apologizes about selfspoting.
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:51:37 +0000
The problems with passing it ONLY to the contest sponsors are:

1. long delayed feedback, pu2fan could have participated and self spotted in
many months worth of contests before anyone from the sponsor even looked at
the data.
2. indirect feedback in some cases... hopefully once the sponsor looked at
the data they would contact him directly, otherwise the only feedback would
be the dq notice in the magazine almost a year later.
3. no public notification that someone IS watching... how many notices have
you seen about reclassification or dq's due to spotting or use of spots??

My way the peer feedback is direct and timely.  Hopefully he learned a good
lesson and will be back in the next contest, sans packet.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net