CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Open Logs, Station Inspections, Rampant Paranoia, and Peer

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Open Logs, Station Inspections, Rampant Paranoia, and Peer Pressure
From: "Warren C. Stankiewicz" <nf1j@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:14:45 -0700
Through all this spirited debate on these subjects, there's a certain
attitude out there that disturbs me greatly.

This is the attitude of "if you're not doing anything wrong, then you don't
have anything to hide."

Which, to some, may seem logical. I, on the other hand, would like to point
out that this is the same technique McCarthyism used back in the day for
their own twisted purposes.

It is sad to think that our gentle sport has grown so massively and
peversely out of control that some feel these measures are warranted. Those
of you who break the rules know who you are, and that should be enough.

The prospect that amateur radio contest could denigrate to a pursuit of
supposed evil-doers, instead the most fun you can have with a radio on a
weekend, is disheartening. Let's save that stuff for the Saturday morning
cartoons.

With malice towards none,

Warren, NF1J/6