CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] cheating with packet - RD3A case

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cheating with packet - RD3A case
From: Tõnno Vähk <Tonno.Vahk@gildbankers.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 01:55:07 +0200
Laurent,

I did a lot of manual work with Excel and unfortunately have not had time yet
to go through several interesting monoband logs for example due to the time it
takes.

To determine what stations are new mults I used WinTest to mark the mults,
imported the logs into Excel..too much details to describe here. Can explain
you in private if you want.

Anyway, this is too much handwork. We are developing much more automated
software now and those things will be soon much easier to produce. Still for
final check I believe you always need to have an experienced contester looking
over the results and suspicious log. If you have run SOAB Un-assisted before
then you know that when the 20m band is wide open with strong local signals it
is impossible to stop you run and suddenly work 3-4 new mults on the same band
on completely different parts of the band within 2 minutes for example. This is
just completely unhuman, especially if you are SO1R and when all those mults
have been recently spotted:)

For that matter I fully agree that it would be extremely good to have all logs
open right after the deadline for everyone's inspection. I guess it does only
good by first disciplinizing participants and secondly helping Committee to
locate suspicious ones.

Also, I support Scott's idea about recordings. If not required then it would be
good to collect the recordings from top stations and recommend strongly to
upload those. Those should also be publicly available the same as logs (of
course Committee is not gonna listen to all of them:)! The same with web cams,
why not. If majority of the top stations adhere to those recommendations that
would be really great and demonstrate the fair play in the top and be a great
role model for others.

Another thing is to require logging exact frequencies in CQWW. Should be
obligatory for top logs.

It would be really interesting to have a referee at all the top stations one
year and see what the scores will look like then but this is just a dream now I
guess but still if we get most of the other things above done then we have
already made contesting a much better and much more enjoyable place.

73
tonno
es5tv