CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Dx peditions and contests

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dx peditions and contests
From: "David Kopacz" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:12:03 -0600
~ Maybe K5D can "create" an opening on 10 this weekend?!

It's highly unlikely Julius. Sure would be nice though, huh? We've been
trying for two years with a stack of 7/7. The sun just isn't
cooperating. Maybe we need a new star.

On another note, why did the expedition choose K5D? I understand the D
part, but people wait years for a coveted KP5 QSL card and instead they
are going to get a K5 card, from a call that can be reused at some point
later for a special event on the mainland.

I suppose it's just "cool" to use one of those new fangled 1x1's!

I hope you guys are having a blast (not literally) down there!

David ~ KY1V