CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Stacking - it's not just for yagis

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Stacking - it's not just for yagis
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 00:20:43 2001

>  I, too, have (had) my right radio as the RUN radio and the left radio as
the
>  S&P radio.  However, this thread has provoked me to re-think this setup.  I
>  am right handed, so naturally my "main" radio went on the right.  But would
>  it not make sense to have the *left* radio as RUN, because it is
manipulated
>  less often?  That way the S&P radio is on the right and, assuming it is to
>  be fiddled with way more frequently, it can be dealt with using the more
>  coordinated hand and fingers.
>
>  Obviously this would all be reversed if you were left handed.  Hmmm . . . .
>  .
>
>  Don
>  WX3M

Well, I am right handed, I learned to send CW with right hand (and "reversed"
dot-dit) and "learned" my left hand to be the main tuning hand. Also made
sense with paper logging back then. Now using keyboard it should not matter
much, but 40+ years of tuning with mainly left hand got engraved in my brain
and I am not going to "relearned" it now. I drive one handed with left hand
on steering wheel (habit from days when I held my right hand with my xYL's
left hand :-) So it is what you got used to. It is subconscious acquired
skill and it has its "burned in" connections in the brain.

Yuri K3BU/m