CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Contest and ARRL DX contest categories

To: "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Contest and ARRL DX contest categories
From: "Richard Zalewski" <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:47:09 -0700
A comment on CQ WW contest catagories:

Why does using packet (Assisted Category) force one to enter high
power?  I would think that packet and power are separate issues  and
you should be able to enter Assisted Low Power All Band and not be
forced to be high power.  I do believe it still goes to some trying to
exclude the use of technology assists of packet.  BTW those same
people use master call data bases and sophisticated contest logging
programs.

On Nov 26, 2007 8:32 AM, Randy Thompson <k5zd@charter.net> wrote:
> I wasn't stopped due to lack of interest at all.  I think it was changed
> because there was a feeling that people wanted even more categories so
> everyone could win a certificate.
>
> I thought the high band/low band categories in ARRL DX were a fantastic
> concept that allowed people to pursue their passion and yet still encourage
> activity on more than one band.
>
> I hope some day they can be brought back!
>
> Randy, K5ZD

Tnx es 73
Dick W7ZR
www.w7zr.com