CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] State of the email list (reflector)

To: <km9m-zig@comcast.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] State of the email list (reflector)
From: "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 23:24:22 -0000
I need to respond only because I was taken so far out of context it's not
even amusing. I am 100% in favor of moderated international mailing lists,
like this one. The moderating should be concentrated, and limited to, those
few morons/bozos who insist on profanity and subjects in poor taste.

The context of the word sterilized meant:'wine and roses' or 'honey and
milk'. No one would allowed to say anything negative about any contesting
subject. All unpopular subjects, like packet clusters or signal reports
would no longer be allowed, in other words a "sterilized" mailing list.

Subjects like DX Clusters and signal reports keep showing up because there
is never any real resolution them and they keep popping up in contest after
contest. CQ magazine should be congratulated for trying to make an effort to
clean-up its contests.

Lastly but not least and important to me: I have been told now publicly
several times   "" If you can't or don't want to be part of a moderated
forum (sterilized in someone's opinion), start your own "". This mailing
list is just fine not only for me but for a very large group of people. We
like it just the way it is. If you want a list that's "" wine and roses' or
'honey and milk' "" then I respectfully suggest you start your own list in
the image you want. This list is just fine as is.
73

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ