CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] To cut or not to cut?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] To cut or not to cut?
From: Alan Dewey <aldewey@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:05:23 -0400 (EDT)
Pete;

I agree with you.  The cut numbers as part of the serial numbers drove me crazy
this weekend.
To receive an "A" in the middle of a 4 digit number may save three dashes but I
think that time is more than used up by guys asking for repeats or , worse yet,
a busted serial number.

It's one thing to use 5NN which everyone expects as a marker but I recommend
that full numbers be used as part of the serial number.  While we are at it, I
wish guys would also drop the leading zeros.

Seems to me the use of cut number is more prevelant outside North America.  Or
am I imagining that?

73,

Al, K0AD

he World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com