CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] N6TJ AXIOMS OF LIFE

To: N7mal <n7mal@citlink.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] N6TJ AXIOMS OF LIFE
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 22:41:10 -0400
On Jul 18, 2010, at 12:45 PM, N7mal wrote:

> Even
> as a lil pistol I've had my own run freq during contests and all of the
> sudden my rate jumps up. Sure enough I look at the cluster and someone
> spotted me. I'll never understand it.
> Which is worse the guys who must be spoon fed or the guys who are spoon
> feeding them..??..

As a little pistol, I don't have many moments where I'm running and I see a
sudden increase in rate. So, I remember them.

After the contest, I often put my call into DXSummit or DXWatch and see if I
was spotted. Quite often, I see I was not. Why the sudden increase in rate
then? I think it happens just as many times through luck as it does from spots.

Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901