CQ-Contest

What a load of ********

Subject: What a load of ********
From: burns (burns)
Date: Fri Jun 11 06:14:01 1993
From:   NAME: Andy Burns
        FUNC: Research and Development
        TEL: 0324 493981                      <BURNS,AL@A1@GRRD04>
To:     "cq-contest@tgv.com"@rcwi01@mrgate@grrd04

What a load of ******. Have we got nothing better to do than talk about
'equalized contests' and level playing fields. I've been reading this
drivle for 6 months now and it's going nowhere.

If I'm out the office for a few days, on my return I have 129 mail
messages, 90% containing all this junk. One answer is to pull out of the
reflector. I'd then lose the 5% of useful mail. I've asked Trey to put a
filter on my mail, not sending anything with the words 'equal' or 'level'
but the technology isn't quite there yet.

The playing field is not flat and never will be. My QTH is on the same
latitude as Juneau, Alaska so I get bombed out when the A index is high.
If conditions are good, I get in the top ten. If not, I have fun.

The thing I can do something about is my SKILL. I've been Single oping
from GM for 4 years and have probably improved by 10% each year. Why
don't we use the reflector to help ourselves improve. Earlier in the year
I picked up a number of tips from here which have helped me. Let's share
the ideas and do better. 6 months ago the reflector was full of useful
information, but unfortunately not any more. I reckon I improved my score
in ARRL DX SSB this year by 2-3% by a mod to master.dat but its pointless
putting it on the reflector as every one wants to talk about how to get
the same score.

Come on lads, lets IMPROVE not equalise.

Andy

GM0ECO

burns_al@grrd04.dnet.bp.com