CQ-Contest

September VHF Contest

Subject: September VHF Contest
From: parish@Think.COM (Edward Parish)
Date: Thu Sep 9 15:42:13 1993
   From: TSkelton@engineer.clemsonsc.NCR.COM (Skelton, Tom)

   Ron, AB4RU, told me this morning that they will be going to
   Roan Mountain (I think it's in Tennessee) for this weekend's
   contest.  Roan Mountain is at least 4k feet ASL.

   I'll be on 6 meters just looking for some e's QSO's and new
   grids.  73, Tom WB4IUX  (EM 84, South Carolina)

We will be on from Mt. Greylock MA (FN32, 3491' + the tower) as W2SZ/1.
It looks as if there could be some interesting weather along the eastern
seaboard this weekend.  Last September's contest was quite amazing in
propagation, not so much on 6 as it was on 2.  If anyone would like to make
skeds (6 meters through 24GHz), send me email before 5PM EST, as I will be
on my way to the mountain after that time.