CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Wacky Stories

To: CQcontest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Wacky Stories
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:17:58 -0800 (PST)
I cannot remember who wrote this story, but it was about a DXer who wanted to
be
up on the Top of the Honor Roll with his son and did about anything to make it
happen.  At the end he purchased a ship loaded with cement and sunk it off Baja
and declared himself a new country.  Worked it and then left to be on top of
the
HR.  He did this with bouncing checks.

Loved the story, but read that 30 - 40 years ago.

Lee - K0WA

 In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you
don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any
Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common
Sense divine?

Common Sense is the image of the Creator expressing revealed truth in my mind.
-  John W. (Kansas)