CQ-Contest

WPX Notes de NS0Z

Subject: WPX Notes de NS0Z
From: KM9P@aol.com (KM9P@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 1 23:35:18 1994
A few things I noted during the contest this weekend while operating back in
Missouri (missery) at K4VX/0 using NS0Z for a callsign...

1)  36 hours really does suck!  30 hours made offtimes interesting, the
contest a bit more unique, and the east coast a little less advantageous.

2)  After operating from Georgia for 5 years and going back to Missouri for
this contest a few notes on propagation comparing GA and MO...
10/15M:  Much better in GA in almost every direction.  JA's are even good,
just not for as long.
20M:  Better in Missouri.  Mostly due to propagation, but Lew has REALLY good
antennas for this band including a rhombic that is a killer antenna!  Oh...
 20M is much better in GA at the top of the cycle when we get a mid-night
opening to Europe that the guys up north (even W1) don't get.  Since I've
been here it is the single best band opening we get.  Mostly because we
aren't competing with the entire country... Just W4's and W5's.
40M:  Better in GA by far.  Signals are stronger, seem to work another tier
of stations.  JA's in MO are nonexistant on this band.  Good signals from the
few JA's that called.

3)  Why was I called by so many US "contesters" on as many as 4 bands?  I'll
exclude WZ1R, NQ4I or other multi's that were obviously not networked.

4)  2 radios only works if 2 bands are open.  This was not the case the 2nd
day of this contest!

5)  It is amazing how many so called "good ops" will just fire up a CQ
without asking QRL or anything.

6)  You don't have to know the code to do well in a CW contest.  Sunday
morning I came by one of my competitors and at 29 WPM I sent   SLOW?   He
responded   SL0? 599 ####.  Wonder what his unique percentages look like?

7)  It was alot of fun operating with good friends.  I knew before it started
it would be a good contest, regardless of score.

73 and thanks for the Q's

Bill

From: wz1r@chowda.com (Charlie Morrison) (Charlie Morrison)
Subject: WPX CW Scores 3.830

This was delayed due to an address that didn't the subscription address.
Send additions and corrections toi KA9FOX@AOL.COM
1994 CQ WPX CW Scores collected by WZ1R on 3830.
S/O No Packet
NR1E (W2SC)  2010 X 728 4.23 M         CLOSE !
KF3P         2025 X 692 4.20 M @ W3LPL CLOSE !
K3ANS (KQ2M) 1869 X 668 4.18 M         CLOSE !
K3ZO         1717 X 664 3.92 M
KM9P         2046 X 758 3.69 M @ NS0Z/0
KT3Y         1634 X 649 3.2  M
AA6MC        1267 X 534 1.965M
AC1O         1107 X 532 1.47 M
AB6FO         927 X 478 1.0  M L.P.
K1JKS                    .99 M
AA2PZ         807 X      .738M

N4YDU         760 X 414  .602M L.P.

WA4PGM        567 X 386  .454M QRP
KA1CZF        377 X 290  .310M QRP

K3LR (WX3N)    72 X  57  .017M 40M

K2VV         1587 X 656 2.2  M 20M
W1WEF        1332 X 589 1.65 M 20M
WD8LLD       1291 X 568 1.58 M 20M
NI8L          949 X 455 1.0  M 20M

WR3G          501 X 313  .162M 15M @ K3LR
WD8AUB        363 X 236  .130M 15M

K3UA          134 X 110  .015M 10M @ K3LR
----------------------------------
M/S
AG6D         1647 X 617 2.85 M           close !
WX3W         1706 X 649 2.82 M @ K9RS    CLOSE !
XL2ZP        1539 X 578 2.6  M @ VE2ZP
6E2T         1532 X 462 2.48 M
WO1N         1094 X 558 1.45 M