CQ-Contest

FD Operators

Subject: FD Operators
From: Jastaples@aol.com (Jastaples@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 30 13:37:27 1994
My first reaction is to agree with the majority of comments that have been
made regarding the relative ineptness of many FD operators. But, there is
something to be said about being patient and helpful to all but the worst ot
them.

When I recall the countless hours of unanswered CQs during SS, NAQP, etc.
when I would have dearly loved to work even one of these "slowpokes", I find
it much easier to work then during FD with the hope that, just maybe, a few
of them will turn their radios on and work me some other time when I really
need the Qs.

Sprint may be the great place where the elite meet to compete, but, as we all
know, it's the non-contester that provides the bulk in our diet. FD is "his"
event. Let's encourage him. No pain, No gain.

Joe, W5ASP
jastaples@aol.com

From: Trey Garlough <GARLOUGH@TGV.COM> (Trey Garlough)
Subject: Wasted away again...

> With apologies to Jimmy Buffett, the WB5WBW/WB5 Field Day Bluegrass Band
> debuts it's new hit single:

I actually saw WB5WBW at HamCom in Dallas a few weekends ago.  I almost
stopped him and asked if I could make a photo for the NCJ, but after
pondering it for an instant, I thought Naaah.

--Trey, WN4KKN/6