CQ-Contest

HF Grid squares..

Subject: HF Grid squares..
From: BlckHole@aol.com (BlckHole@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 25 13:47:40 1994
I think having grid squares as part of a HF contest would be COOL...

Just think !!  Everybody would be rare !!  Big mult total !!  Big scores !!

The ultimate in EQUALIZATION (yuk..I said the E word).

Keith WB9TIY
BlckHole@aol.com

From: Steve Harrison <sharriso@sysplan.com> (Steve Harrison)
Subject: Real Contest

Here are the results of the KO0U/4 midsummer contest:

Landlady                100             Roof Antennas           -100
Pigeons                  10             Roof                      10
Electric Lawnmower      DISQUALIFIED    Heliax cables              0
Electric Lawnmower      DISQUALIFIED    Rotor cables               0
Electric Lawnmower      DISQUALIFIED    Grass and weeds            0

And the overall winner is.....the Landlady! The roof antennas were
penalized for causing repeated trips to the roof to re-erect them and
thereby contributing to the demise and replacement of the roof shingles.
The pigeons and roof were tied since the pigeons are now blocked from
camping-out under the eaves, where their guano, over a period of years,
slowly ate away the shingles and underlying plywood; Meanwhile, the roof
was repaired, but at what a cost!

The Electric Lawnmower was disqualified for burning up before it
even get off the bare spot on the lawn to the grass, weeds or cables, even
though the lawnmower had burned-up the previous Extension Cord, prompting
what turned-out to be an unnecessary and deeply-regretted expenditure of
funds for a younger, more sexy and heavier Extension Cord.

Stay tuned for next month's resumption of this great operating event!
Steve KO0U/4

Now, wasn't that silly?

From: McCarty, DK 'Dav" <DKMC@chevron.com (McCarty, DK 'Dav)
Subject: SprINT K5GN

From: McCarty, DK 'David'
To:  OPEN ADDRESSING SERVI-OPENADDR

Great fun.  More activity than expected.

Twenty got better and better so very few Q's on 40.

Final: 152 before computer disk error.  28 after.  Very low score
expected....

73,
Dave

David K. McCarty, K5GN
dkmc@chevron.com

From: Peter G. Smith" <n4zr@netcom.com (Peter G. Smith)
Subject: UA9BA's defences...

Whoa, Eric!  I think you're trying to put too many people under your
"whiners" tent.  I, for one, object to super-power because I live in a
society where the generally-accepted standard of behavior is to obey
well-founded rules and regulations.  I wouldn't presume to tell the UAs
(or anyone in another society) what to do, but I put U.S. use
of superpower in the same category as clipping* or signaling at bridge --
it's cheating.

73, Pete
N4ZR@netcom.com

* oops, for the non-US audience, make "clipping" read "tackling over the
ball."