CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting from HOA neighborhoods -- Pro and Con on the

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting from HOA neighborhoods -- Pro and Con on the Amateur Radio Parity Act
From: Bob Burns W9BU <w9bu_lists@rlburns.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 11:47:47 -0400
On 8/17/2017 3:41 PM, Ria Jairam wrote:
In my old country (9Y), if you had a ham tower you were regarded as a well respected person since you possessed that capability and engaged in such as well regarded scientific hobby.

Maybe that's where the problem lies. The amateur radio community in the U.S. apparently has not done a good enough job over the years educating the U.S. public about the value of amateur radio for promoting international good will, assisting in emergencies, and scientific experimentation. OTOH, we, at least many folks in this group, sit in front of our computer screens and argue about contest rules.

Bob...