CQ-Contest

FREQ OWNERSHIP/FILTERS

Subject: FREQ OWNERSHIP/FILTERS
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 18:12:47 1995
Hi Hal...
On this thread.... I agree with your observations....I use the OMNI VI which
has excellent filtering....
I use a 500 cycle filter at the second IF on RTTY... CW is done with a 500
cycle filter on the 1st IF and a 250 cycle filter at the 2nd IF... In both
modes the IF filters are backed up with an audio DSP (MFJ) at all times.... I
never hear the adjacent stations, until they move onto my frequency to
complain (or jam, as the case may be).... Certainly, I do not deliberately
snuggle up to someone in an effort to cause interference, but if their
operating practices or their gear is out of date, then they are going to have
what 'they' consider as QRM when they are near to me... If I can converse
with them I (always) POLITELY point out that they are hearing too much of the
spectrum, and suggest at least a DSP on their received audio... If I cannot
converse with them, I shrug, light up the afterburner, and continue with my
QSO....

Denny         k8do@aol.com