CQ-Contest

Field Day and the Internet

Subject: Field Day and the Internet
From: shaimes@sescva.esc.edu (shaimes@sescva.esc.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 26 19:08:36 1995
Where was the internet conference bridge on Field Day? We tried all the
usual nodes and none of them were on the air. As a personal friend of N2MH
I can tell you that his computer was hit by lightening while he was away
on business. That is why QSO: N2MH-11 was not available. Where was LONNY?
Where was N4GAA-11? He was on very early Saturday morning but once Field
Day started he was gone. The other -11 stations such as N2MEG, KA2TIH,
KB2NEX and others on the nodes list of our local NETROM site were there
but nothing happened once we connected to them.
Anyone have any explainations?

Stuart,
N2AUK

From: George Cook <george@epix.net> (George Cook)
Subject: SSTV vs FD Congradulations!

On Mon, 26 Jun 1995 wosborne@nmsu.edu wrote:

> Maybe we all need to operate on 14.233 much more during noncontest times to
> make the point that freq are not owned by anyone!  To let these a__holes get
> away with this behavior is a very bad example to all other small groups who
> want their own frequency!

Which brings me to my next idea!  What say we apply to the FCC to use
14.233 for the new all contest net?  (We will need special permission
from them to reasign this frequency to us)

Yes lets have all the BIG amp BIG antenna boys from PVRC, FRC, YCCC West
Coast Contest and whomever else Get on every Sunday from say 12:00Z to
24:00 Z and endlessly discuss contesting, Amps, Big antennaes maybe DX.
It would give the old 3-500zs a little work out durring the non contest
season and give us a chance to optimize our DSP filters.

Just an idea.
GC

* George Cook   AA3JU  Bangor, PA  FN21         *
* george@peach.epix.net  AA3JU@N3IQD.EPA.USA.NA *
* If you're not FRC remember:...............    *
* .......There's no shame in being 2nd best!    *