CQ-Contest

IC-775DSP vs FT1000D ??

Subject: IC-775DSP vs FT1000D ??
From: WillemaA@aol.com (WillemaA@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jun 27 12:04:58 1995
Does anybody has anything on the new contest machine IC-775DSP.

Thanks 73 de Will,  KN6DV

From: al019@freenet.hsc.colorado.edu> (D. R. Evans (D. R. Evans)
Subject: Does K3EST QSL CQWW logs?

A while back, I received a request from Bob Cox, K3EST for my 1994 CQWWCW
log.

He provided two e-mail addresses, and I sent the log to one of the pair. I
included (naturally) a request that he acknowledge receipt of the logs.

I heard nothing.

Since then I have sent two more requests for acknowledgement, to the other
e-mail address. I still have heard nothing.

Has _anyone_ received any kind of acknowledgement from Bob in this or similar
circumstances?

Reply by e-mail. I'm sure the rest of the list doesn't care.

D.R. Evans NQ0I / G4AMJ : devans@orion.colorado.edu
                          al019@freenet.hsc.colorado.edu

"Palindor Chronicles" information and extracts:
   http://spot.colorado.edu/~romigj/drevans.html

From: Floydjr <floydjr@nando.net> (Floydjr)
Subject: FD Results and Question

My FD Results:

Call: WA4ZXA
Section: NC
Categroy: SOLP
Class: 1D

Band       All SSB        Qso's        Pts
160                          0           0
 80                        268         568
 40                         52         104
 20                        412         824
 15                        308         616
 10                          9          18
  2                          1           2
                          1050        2100

All SSB  1050 X 2 (LP Multi) = 2100 pts

Had terrible thunderstorms come through here for the first two hours and
around midnight. Could only work about 20 hours. Lightning totally
destroyed a repeater less than two miles from here.

Equipment:
FT 990
Wilson Sys One Tri-band Yagi
GR5V
CT 9.23

My question is I looked in last years QST and the results. It showed some
class 1D stations working as a class HP with 1600 q's and scoring over
4000 pts. I do not see how they did it according to this years rules. Did I
miss something or did the rules change. I was in hospital last year
during FD and missed it.

Thanks to everyone for the contacts and I wish to congrat and the
operators as they did a real fine job with the FD.

73's Jim // WA4ZXA

From: jeffrey (j.) wittich" <jwittich@bnr.ca (jeffrey (j.) wittich)
Subject: Station to station interference

I need help in solving a problem. Our Field Day group has grown from only
one station per band to two (CW & SSB). We had considerable interference
problems this past field day. Contributing factors:

 - all stations in 1000 foot diameter (FD rule)
 - all stations running <= 150 Watts  (FD rule)
 - some stations using non-resonnant antennas
 - some stations using Beam antennas

I know all FD sites have the same problem(s). I would like to know
how other FD groups have solved or bettered the situation.

Possible solutions are:

 - running 50 Watts power
 - using resonnant antennas
 - using bandpass filters (anbody know of good sources or designs?)
 - using a coaxial stub at the transceiver to act as either a bandpass
   of band-reject (any source of information on this would be helpfull)
 - a mix of vertical and horizontal antenna polarization
 - any other ideas ?

Jeff Wittich

Nortel/BNR RTP, NC (even though the Email addr says .ca)

(919) 991-4626  Voice

jwittich@bnr.ca