CQ-Contest

Good callsigns

Subject: Good callsigns
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Tue Aug 1 08:20:03 1995

>Tree- Trey's is good, but for pure contest key-down time, I always
>thought it was:
>
>                       JJ1JJJ
>
>73, Larry N6AZE

I wonder why I never hear EI5HE in contests?      :-)

                                        73, Zack W9SZ

From: Charles Kraly <n0biw@solar.sky.net> (Charles Kraly)
Subject: Rufz Flaws

Jeff,
Sorry to say but, there are many USA calls in the data file. I looked at
it with PC Tools text viewer and even saw a couple of local guys (NX0I
and AB0X to name a few).
Chuck/N0BIW
n0biw@sky.net

From: Peter Hutter" <peter_hutter@maca.sarnoff.com (Peter Hutter)
Subject: What is C4

It's some type of plastique ?

From: Mike Cizek <mcizek@CapAccess.org> (Mike Cizek)
Subject: Vanity Call/Out of Area

On Tue, 1 Aug 1995, Rich L. Boyd wrote:

> KO7V reports some advantage from his 7 call, residing in W3.

Actually, where I really notice the advantage is when I'm signing W3LPL,
but maybe those antennas have something to do with it, too?  :-)

Sometimes, I think the 7 call helps attract EU stations, but a lot of
them try to put me in MT instead of MD, or ask for a repeat on my zone.
I think it's a real disadvantage for domestic tests.   Matts, SM7PKK, has
the right idea though:  if you're on enough and your call is really well
known, it doesn't matter what the callsign is.  People will recognize it
& copy it correctly.  73,

Mike Cizek   KO7V