CQ-Contest

W5NN NAQP Score

Subject: W5NN NAQP Score
From: KB5YVT@aol.com (KB5YVT@aol.com)
Date: Sun Aug 6 20:56:48 1995
NAQP CW   W5NN/ op KB5YVT (Mike TX)
QTH KK5GJ Magnolia,Tx

Station: 3 ele. Tribander @ 70' / Dipoles @ 60'
         FT-1000

Band      QSO     MULTS

160         6         5
 80        64        30
 40       147        41
 20       159        45
 15       114        39
 10        61        28
#########################
          551        188     Score 103,588

First real serious attempt at a single op CW
contest from a better QTH than mine. The extra
30' of tower really does make a difference. Learned
importance of moving mults and staying alert to
changing condx. We need to add some low band antennas
and EWE's and David will give the Pistol
 Plus stations
a run for their money!  My goal was 600 and 200, fell
short but know what to try to make it next time.
Second try at NAQP, can't wait for the next one!

P.S. Thanks a bunch David for the use of the station!!

Thanks all for the contacts!
73  Mike KB5YVT

From: Dave Lance <NF8R@internetMCI.COM> (Dave Lance)
Subject: Windows 95

-- [ From: Dave Lance * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

Dont think booting from a floppy is what he had in mind !

Gee, what is this 1980. I played with 95 a while and went back to good ole
DOS and Win 3.1 for a while.I did get quite a few things to work but didnt
trust it with NA or CT.

From: Greg Becker              \ Internet:    (gb546@bard.edu)
To:   Bill Parry               \ Internet:    (bill@tenet.edu)
cc:   CQ-CONTEST@TGV.COM.      \ Internet:    (cq-contest@tgv.com)

Subject: Re: Windows 95

> Have any of those who have had the opportunity to use the beta copy of
> Windows 95 tried it's compatibility with the various contest programs? I
> understand that there is no real DOS prompt in Windows 95 and that it may
> not like programs like CT. It would be good to know before installing
> Windows 95 on your computer!

Yup. Ran CT 9.23 on FIeld Day under Win95, on an IBM (honest!) 486DX66
with 8 meg. Way I did it was to boot the machine from a Win95-created  boot
floppy. This gives you a DOS-type prompt, then just ran TSRs & CT  from the
prompt. Never had one glitch during the entire contest.

FYI - this was in the CW-only station at the Hudson Valley Contester's  and
DXers / W2XL 3A effort in ENY. The K5NA fiber-optic interface worked  GREAT,
, as usual. We're going to miss him...

73, Greg NA2N

Greg Becker NA2N
gb546@bard.edu