CQ-Contest

HF Launch Angles

Subject: HF Launch Angles
From: AA6KX@aol.com (AA6KX@aol.com)
Date: Wed Aug 16 17:55:53 1995
>Sounds like an article that belongs in NCJ. Too bad it didn't wind up
>there. Does ARRL (or anyone else) sell individual copies of QEX?

HRO does.  But they're sold out of the July issue, at least in sunny
Sunnyvale.  I checked this morning after I saw K3LR's note.

AA6KX

From: Assarabowski, Richard" <AssaraR@utrc.utc.com (Assarabowski, Richard)
Subject: Return of the Octopus

As an enhancement to the setup described below, at a late 70's K1VTM SS
multi-single one year, in addition to the electro-mechanical counter and the
foot switches, we had an "override" foot switch.  In "normal" operation one
could only get control when the other operator let off on the key.  The
override would grab control of the PTT line even if the other operator was
transmitting.  The idea was that if you really needed it, you could
interrupt the other guy's transmission (like to "roger" a received exchange
or to dump your call in).  It was an interesting study in operating
personalities -- Ron K1VTM and I rarely used the "override" switch in
consideration for the other operator, while Clarke K1JX would very often
grab control, very annoying when you were sending an SS exchange and part of
it would get lopped off.  Made us sound like a real lids at times, but we
held the New England record for quite a few years (and maybe still do?).

                         -- Rich K1CC
                             assarar@utrc.utc.com

PS The counters were confusing, we weren't always consistent in when we
slapped the
button, resulting in a lot of corrections to the sent numbers.  It was a
blast though!

 ------------------------------------

From: scotty@iquest.com (scotty neustadter) (scotty neustadter)
Subject: new rigs

>To: Srockn4sr@aol.com
>From: scotty@iquest.com (scotty neustadter)
>Subject: Re: new rigs
>
>>Hi All
>>
>>Reading the fine print on the description of both the new yaesu and icom
>>radios leads me to believe that both of these radios are using DSP techniques
>>in the AUDIO sections only.  Basically a timewave DSP unit added onto the
>>radio.  I have from a reliable source that the new Kenwood uses DSP in the IF
>>section.  Might be a good idea to hold off on buying that new wiz bang radio
>>till you see what all the mfgr's have to offer.
>>73 steve
>>

>Yaesu Rig DSP is in the IF section per Kevin Karamanos, Yaesu Sales Manager

Scotty Neustadter, N4PYD
President, North Alabama DX Club
Huntsville Hamfest Chairman
Internet: scotty@iquest.com
MCI Mail: N4PYD  Fax: 205 880 9530
 Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he
needs more of it than he already has. --Descartes

From: root@dl6rai.muc.de (Bernhard Buettner) (Bernhard Buettner)
Subject: New DL2NBU sprint.exe released

Hello EU Contesters!

DL2NBU's EU Sprint program has been revised and updated recently.
This is a program specially designed for logging the EU Sprint
Contests. It is very similar to K1EA's CT, can send morse code
via COM/LPT, allows generating ASCII files and is very comfortable
to woork with. It is a must for the serious EU Sprint Contester.

The software is available by ftp at gonzo.rrze.uni-erlangen.de
in the directory /PDS/FREEWARE/HAMRADIO/LOGBUCH/CONTEST and the
file is named spr113.zip.

The next EU Sprint contest will be held

     SSB:  7 October 1995, 15:00-18:59 UTC
     CW:  14 October 1995, 15:00-18:59 UTC

You better get it now.

73 Ben
--
[] Bernhard Buettner (Ben)
[]      Mail: Am Brunnen 18, 85551 Kirchheim, Germany