CQ-Contest

AH8I STEALTH-MOBILE IN QST

Subject: AH8I STEALTH-MOBILE IN QST
From: EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM (EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM)
Date: Fri Aug 18 14:27:16 1995
Just thought I'd let y'all know that a picture of a portion of Carl
AH8I's 76 Pontiac Bonneville is in the new QST page 69.  This antenna
and portable ground plane combination did some smokin' in the '93 CQP
as AA6LB/m from Glenn Cty.

If you have one of Carl's QSL's from that CONTEST you will see the coil
of the bugcatcher with the sun, overexposed by KJ6TC, in the background.

The QSL's for that operation, as well as for his later AA6LB/KH8
journey, were obtained from Mr. Inoue in JA land with the assistance of
JA1AEA.  The story behind the QSL order is worth 7 trips to the bar at
Visalia.

Sadly, Carl is in KH8 without his radios and without his Stealth-mobile.
It was sold to one of my wife's acquaintances two weeks ago.

(I do have gramma's '70 Cadillac in the driveway though....HMMMMMMM)

Eric, NV60
edwoods@pacbell.com