CQ-Contest

CAC Address?

Subject: CAC Address?
From: phil.finkle@sid.net (phil.finkle@sid.net)
Date: Sat Dec 2 10:48:03 1995
Would someone pse pass on the W1 CAC who put the info on the DX window for this
weekend's 160M contest? I checked the window a few minutes three different
times last night and have a list of nine US calls that were CQing in the
window. One guy in 3-land ( a 2x1) was observed in two different time periods.
I'd like to pass these calls on to him.

If the rules say no US CQing in the window, guys shud be disqualified if they
violate it. I heard others informing them that  they were in the window. A few
guys who were informed, moved out so I scratched their calls of the list. If
ARRL doesn't disqualify them for violating the stated rule, what is the purpose
of the rule?

160 meter propagation was good last night. Many Eu stations both in and out of
the window. Don't know how many NA stations they worked though because of the
lack of a wide enough window.

Tnx, Phil K6EID

From: robbins@berkshire.net (David Robbins) (David Robbins)
Subject: UNconfirmed calls

>In this exchange DL2XXX never sent my call, so I don't know if he got =
it=20
>right or not. If he didn't, the contact's removed from the log. SOund=20
>fair? Not to me. Suggestions?
>73 Barry

Well, either you can get the rules changed so that each station must =
send the other's call as part of the exchange.  Or you can send your =
call a lot and hope that if the op on the other end is serious enough to =
send in a log he is serious enough to copy your call correctly or ask =
you for a repeat.

73, dave
ky1h@berkshire.net
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/ky1h.html
(www page now has w1gsl flea market list)

From: Danny Eskenazi <k7ss@wolfenet.com> (Danny Eskenazi)
Subject: He who is LOUDEST wins!!

First night in ARRL 160,  very causal here with a twisted G5RV feedline thru
a tuner....
Listening thru BCI and QRN from streetlights going out...city lot in Seattle..

BIG SIGNAL REPORT:

AA5BL  first signal beyond California consistantly loudest W5, by at least 3
S units

N4AR  first signal east of Mississippi heard

WB9Z heard about the same time as N4AR

AB4RU first deep south signal, going like a bat-outa-hell

K4VX heard shortly thereafter

KH6AT first non NA signal 559 answering N6SS CQ

AH6AZ came on 0600 and EXTREMELY LOUD! 599 with big pileup

W6GO loudest W6 and hardest to work...lots of dididumdumdidi's    must have
QRN there

David Letterman and Steve Martin 599..off  to ZZZzzzzzz land

Thats it......wonder what these MEGAGODS of 160 use for antennas, (etc)....
amazing what 1500 watts will do from one QTH and yet is so weak from
another.......

73 de K7SS
anyone on the right coast have a similar report from the other side?

From: Jeff Steinman <Jeff.Steinman.0247501@nt.com> (Jeff Steinman)
Subject: KR0Y CQWW CW

                      Subject:                              Time:  4:02
PM
12/1/95

SO Assisted, 600 W output, about 24-26 hours of operation.
Played more like a DXer than a contester with low band
conditions as good as they were. Strange feeling to start
a DX contest on 160M !

        QSO    ZONE   COUNTRY   ANTENNA
160   50       14         41         SHUNT FED TOWER
80     93       22         67         HALF SLOPER
40    278      35        103        2EL CUSHCRAFT
20    213      34        105        KT34A @ 60'
15    156      31         92               "
10      20      12         17               "
        810     148       425  ---> 1.275M

BIGGEST SURPRISE: My 9 month old daughter would sit on
my lap for up to 45 minutes at a time while I operated!
Let me tell ya', my wife is one concerned lady about the
possibility of having a JR op around !
73
Jeff  KR0Y