CQ-Contest

You guys are NUTS!!!

Subject: You guys are NUTS!!!
From: EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM (EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM)
Date: Fri May 3 14:07:26 1996
Boy......I wouldn't sign NV to my call if there was any other choice.

Eric, NV6O
edwoods@pacbell.com

waiting for May 31

coming soon to a SprINT near you - K6GV

From: Bill Fisher  KM9P <km9p@contesting.com> (Bill Fisher KM9P)
Subject: Used Philly ends

I looked at all of the options for phillystran (new) ends and have come
to the conclusion that it is probably better to just buy the new stuff.
Which I did.

However, I do have some of the old stuff.  Wondering if anyone has any of
the old ends that they would like to part with?  Even if they still have
compound in them, I would be interested.

Thanks

Bill

From: Bruce (AA8U)" <aa8u@voyager.net (Bruce (AA8U))
Subject: Summer 160

Fellow Top Band Creatures,

Don't take down your 160M antennas and pack away your radios just yet.

I will be going to Rarotonga this summer for the IARU contest. Stan, K8MJZ
and XYL will be going too. We intend to operate all HF bands from July 11
thru July 21st. We will give 160M cw priority outside the contest period.

Cushcraft is sponsoring our DXpedition and has supplied us with some neat
antennas, an A3S and an R-7000+. We will take along supplies to construct an
inverted L and any other wire antennas as required. The trees there will
allow  an "L" with about 65-75' vertical, the rest nearly flat horizontal.
The feed point will be by the lagoon with radials extending into the salt
water. If there is sufficient room to construct a Beverage antenna, we will.

We will use my call, ZK1AAU during the contest. Outside the contest you
might also look for ZK1MJZ and ZK1AGW.

When you work us it will be partly because you gave us your FULL CALL the
first time! We won't be working anyone with a two letter call sign. I
couldn't get one  so I won't work anyone that did!  ;')

If you happen to be one of the misguided cripples that relies upon DX nets
and their MC's to snag your dx/wallpaper, then you will be squat out of
luck. DX net MC's need not apply! Don't even try... Pile-ups, if they
develop, will be managed. Try to have consideration for your fellow Top
Banders. We will work everyone we can as quick as possible. If you can't
live with these guidelines, then I suggest you scrape up $5-6k and go to ZK
yourself. Then you can do it any **** way YOU please.

We will be operating outside the contest on 160M CW primarily. I am not a
very good cw operator, but I do enjoy this mode and if you have some
patience you will be worked. I likely will tune for you up or down from my
tx freq with the FT-1000D.  If I operate SSB, I will be tx'ing in the DX
window 1830-35 and listening above 1835. No one calling cq in the dx window
from the states will be worked! So much for picky picky.....

Everyone that works us will get a QSL when you send a SASE to:
        AA8U
        9221 Ford Rd.
        Rives Junction, Mi.
        49277
DX cards will be sent via the Burro.......be patient.

We are open to suggestions about our planned operations, equipment and
antennas. If you can, please suggest times to look for you/your geographic
location. We will make every effort to set up the best antennas we can and
be on the air at the proper times. If you would like to make a schedule,
please send me an email with the particulars.

As I understand it, the power limit for ZK1 is 150 Watts  :'(   so, we won't
be taking the AL-811 after all. Sorry, you will have to do some of the work
at your end.

That is all for now. Hope to work as many of you as possible from Raro in July!

73,
UGLY
(AA8U  ZK1AAU  FP/AA8U)

CC: Contest Reflector