CQ-Contest

INVISIBLE DOG FENCE RFI

Subject: INVISIBLE DOG FENCE RFI
From: WR34SHE@shellus.com (WR34SHE@shellus.com)
Date: Mon May 13 14:09:32 1996
FROM: SAM EFFINGER  K9SD
SUBJECT: INVISIBLE DOG FENCE RFI

I am in the process in having one of those invisible dog fences installed and
was wondering if anyone has had any rfi trouble with them..

That is causing or receiving RFI

This is from a company called the Invisible Fence company...they are suppose
to have some codes that are required to activate the Dog collar...

I didn't want to fence in 2 aces and this is a great option..

They are installing this thing Wednesday of this week so reply directly if
you have any input.

Will be at spaces 2155 2156 2157  in Dayton ...stop by for some contest chat

                  K9SD

From: w6go@netcom.com (Jay O'Brien - W6GO) (Jay O'Brien - W6GO)
Subject: Amplifier bandwidth

I trust that your attention to detail when building your amplifiers is
better than your attention to detail in sending a four thousand line message
to a thousand people.

From: k1vr@k1vr.jjm.com (Fred Hopengarten) (Fred Hopengarten)
Subject: Source of bolts & Timewave

On Sun, 12 May 1996 16:53:28 -0400 (EDT), ezimmerm@dgs.dgsys.com wrote:

> > K1VR:  Why?  I've used SS nuts and
> > bolts on my Rohn 25 and am well pleased.  In places
> > around the tower where I used the Rohn galvanized nuts and
> > bolts, they have rusted after 14 years -- but the SS stuff
> > still looks good as new.  You just have to remember to
> > tighten up SS a few days after installation and a year after
> > installation.

> As for the SS bolts, the advice is NOT to use them because they gall.
> When that happens, they seize up and you need a blowtorch to get them
> off.  Frank Donovan is particularly adamant in not using them.  There is
> some kind of SS anti-galling compound available but I don't know how well
> it works.
>
> 73  Gene  ZZ

K1VR:  A ha!  A genuine Pepsi vs. Coke controversy.  It
appears that there really are two camps:  Galvi and SS.  I
agree that galling (note that Dr. Zimmerman, as always, has
spelled it correctly) is a problem and should not be
ignored.  Suggestions:  (1)  Buy 10% more hardware than you
specifically need.  This allows for losses due to galling
and "ooops, I dropped one."  (2)  Go to any John Deere
dealer and buy an 8 oz. applicator can of Never-Seez (a
registered trademark of Emhart Chemical Group), manufactured
for John Deere & Company.  (3)  Be sure you own a high
quality set of socket wrenches.  The $3.99 set, made in
India, you bought at a flea market won't do it.

     A high quality set of socket wrenches and a long handle
will allow you to break off either a bolt head or a nut
using the principle of leverage.  Belt yourself on and tell
the guy at the bottom of the tower to stand back.  This is
also pretty much the trick you'll be using when your
galvanized hardware seizes due to corrosion.  I much prefer
leverage to hacksaws when a seizure or galling problem
arises.

     Note to K7LXC:  You owe it to your readers to tell them
about Never-Seez.  It is applied just BEFORE the bolt is
shoved through the hole, or the nut is turned on.
--
                      Fred Hopengarten K1VR
           Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105

From: tomf@neca.com (Tom Francis) (Tom Francis)

At 10:33 AM 5/13/96 EDT, you wrote:

2)  Go to any John Deere dealer and buy an 8 oz. applicator
can of Never-Seez (a registered trademark of Emhart Chemical
Group), manufactured for John Deere & Company.

        Fred:

        Actually, you can buy Never Sneeze (sri, inside joke)
        at any auto parts store...

        I personally vouch for Never Seeze - it's like
        Permatex - great stuff!! Cheap to and will save you
        a lot of busted knuckles. I use it anywhere there is
        metal to metal contact (like lug nuts, exhaust fittings,
        header bolts, etc.) and have never had problems removing
        nuts, bolts, clamps, etc...

        No, I don't work for Emhart - just a satisfied user for
        many many years...

        73

        Tom, NM1Q (tomf@neca.com)

From: je1cka@dumpty.nal.go.jp (Takao KUMAGAI) (Takao KUMAGAI)
Subject: Technologies Announces the HF-2500DX Linear Amplifier

Please!!

   From: qrotec@bright.net (QRO Technologies, Inc.)

DO NOT POST such big file to the reflector!!
This caused the big problems at various site because
email size limitation.

This email size was 388k! UNBELIEVABLE!!

You(or others) post only the index and distributes the
file(s) to whom requested.

> --=====================_831984555==_

> We here at QRO Technologies proudly annouce the development of our HF-2500DX
> linear amplifier using two Svetlana 4CX800A tetrodes. Come see us at the
> Dayton Hamvention. The attached file is a Word Perfect 6.0 file.

> Best 73's

> Ray C. (KB8VU)

> --=====================_831984555==_
stuff ofcourse deleted.
        ---------
        Tack Kumagai JE1CKA/KH0AM
        TEL:81-30-066-6408, FAX:81-423-93-4449
        Internet: je1cka@nal.go.jp

From: harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Charles H. Harpole) (Charles H. Harpole)
Subject: June QST out

I have a mental pic of Henry tooling way down to his mailbox in a 1938
Ford pickup, down into ravines and waddies, thru pastures beset by bison,
up over hillocks and paddocks, and--all the while--with his eyes pealed
for pesky Whiteskins and snakeskins.  Then . . . . . on the way back,
driving into a mess o'wait-a-bits while pursuing (and taking copious notes
on) the contents of his very early delivery on month after next's issue of
a ham magazine.   Am I right, or am I right!  de K4VUD

From: harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Charles H. Harpole) (Charles H. Harpole)
Subject: Source of bolts for towers

I, too, have experienced galling (sp. correct!) and the cure was NOT "ever
siezzze" but some kind of motion lotion.  My pins are, however, not in the
least stainless (got some nasty ones the other month), but are hot dipped
whenever the Madam in the tall, black boots biles the water and pours it
on, so to speak.
de K4VUD

From: harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Charles H. Harpole) (Charles H. Harpole)
Subject: WR3SHE, and Invis. Dog Fence

What a call sign!

I think your real problem will be the distinct stinging sensation around
your neck you will get when the wife turns on the control voltage.
de K4VUD