CQ-Contest

CQ Kodiak Alaska

Subject: CQ Kodiak Alaska
From: AB5YG@aol.com (AB5YG@aol.com)
Date: Sun May 19 08:56:53 1996
Are there any active hams on Kodiak Island Alaska ??
I would like to get calls and email address.

We just learned that our son will be stationed at U.S.C.G. Station Kodiak!

Please respond directly to me via:  ab5yg@aol.com

73,  Bill  - AB5YG (ex K2MHJ)  --- Ocean Springs, MS

See y'all in the contests ---

From: jh1hrj@tpost1.netspace.or.jp (Kazuaki Oya) (Kazuaki Oya)
Subject: Wanted QSO point calculation method for A.VOLTA RTTY contest.

Hello, everybody.

I am looking for the calculation method of QSO points for A.VOLTA RTTY contest.
The rule on DX reflectors does not tell me how to calculate QSO
point from my ZOME to the distination ZONE.
If anybody knows the rule/method or value, please let me know.
My CQ Zone is 25.
Thank you in advance.
                                                 de Kaz / JH1HRJ
Kazuaki Oya, Amature Radio Station JH1HRJ

From: smith_k7@ix.netcom.com (Rick Smith) (Rick Smith)
Subject: NA-LTA RESPONDS

The company has responded, I am looking forward to continued enjoyment
of their products.  There are MANY EASY ways to get in touch with LTA
.
24 order and message line 216-565-9950. That's right
24 hours, 7 days a week. Leave a message

Help line, Mondays and most evenings 9 PM to 11 PM eastern
time.412-528-5357.

BBS help and upgrade service. 24 hours, 7 days
412-528-8877.

EMAIL to K3LR@telerama.lm.com   (this is common to every LTA customer
in the past 4 years.)

Internet Reflector - na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org

send a message with the word SUBSCRIBE in the body to
na-user-request@ve7tcp.ampr.org

USMAIL
LTA
P.O. BOX 77
New Bedford, PA   16140   USA
best regards K7GDN

From: anders@mail.erols.com (Roland A. Anders) (Roland A. Anders)
Subject: 6m Sprint Result

Where are the 6 meter sprint results being collected?  My score
operating as K3RA from the K3MQH site is 131Q 36G.  Had an intermittent
transverter RX for the second half.  Sorry if you called and I didn't
come back! Didn't help the score, I'm sure, as had to take some time
off to get it working at least intermittently.  Nevertheless, great fun,
and thanks to all for the Q's.   - Rol

From: km9p@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, KM9P) (Bill Fisher, KM9P)
Subject: 80M 2el wire yagi by KY1H

K5ZD just tipped me off to a really neat article KY1H wrote for the
Scuttlebut on a 2 element wire yagi.  It's available on the yccc home page
or http://www.yccc.org/80mwirebeam.html

73

Bill, KM9P
| Contesting Online... The ultimate           |
| source of ham radio contest information     |
| http://www.contesting.com                   |

From: lburke@pop3.wt.net (Larry Burke) (Larry Burke)
Subject: Ground Rods/Hammer Drill

Help! Who was it out there who suggested using a hammer drill to
install ground rods? I am getting ready to put in several rods
this week and have a sudden/unexpected interest in this subject.
The author mentioned the use of a special bit to perform this
operation. Need more details ASAP!! The dig-a-hole-fill-with-
water method didn't seem quite as attractive as this based on
what I remember of the discussion (which I think was here and
not on the DX reflector, but don't remember).

Larry, WI5A

From: Ingemar.Fogelberg@cec.comm.se (Ingemar Fogelberg) (Ingemar Fogelberg)
Subject: All-Asia Club entry. What is the age?

Can anyone tell me what age you are supposed to use when you enter
the All Asian contest in the multi-multi class using a club station
call or you own call?

The rules says the following about the exchange:

6. EXCHANGE:
         (1) For OM stations: RS(T) report plus two figures denoting
             operator's age.
         (2) For YL stations: RS(T) report plus two figures "00 (zero zero)".

73 de Ingo / SM0AJV
if@cec.comm.se

From: hmantila@kauha.kauhajoki.fi (Harri M. Mantila OH6YF-OH0MYF) (Harri M.
Mantila OH6YF-OH0MYF)
Subject: OI6YF in CQ WPX 1996 CW

Hello!

I'll use the special call sign OI6YF in the 1996 CQ WPX Contest CW. I'll
be in the Single operator All band category. I have been fixing the new
antenna setup for the contest. It's interesting to how it works.

Please, QSL via OH6YF. I will QSL every contact.

See you in the contest!

73's de Harry OH6YF - OH0MYF
hmantila@kauhajoki.fi
http://www.teuva.fi/yritykset/mantila/oh6yf.html

From: christor@MICROSOFT.com (Christoph Rheker) (Christoph Rheker)
Subject: elevated radial article

Hallo Contesters,

I am looking for a QST article.

Written by Christman, KB8I about Elevated Radial Systems.
It is in the 1988 QST, I think the August or October issue.

If somebody is willing to mail or fax the article to me,
I would be very glad. I can send you the $$ to cover it.

Thanks and 73's,
Christoph, DL4YAO

christor@microsoft.com

From: je1cka@dumpty.nal.go.jp (Takao KUMAGAI) (Takao KUMAGAI)

on 96/05/19, Ingemar Fogelberg writes:

AJV: Can anyone tell me what age you are supposed to use when you enter
AJV: the All Asian contest in the multi-multi class using a club station
AJV: call or you own call?

Either sigle op or Multi op, the operator should sends his
own age or her "00" for the contest number.
If you have the birthday just in the AA contest, you should
inclease your Nr(age) during contest. :-)

Gud luck
        ---------
        Tack Kumagai JE1CKA/KH0AM
        TEL:81-30-066-6408, FAX:81-423-93-4449
        Internet: je1cka@nal.go.jp

From: PITMANZ@westel900.hu (PITMANZ.W9) (PITMANZ.W9)
Subject: HGM3CW in CQ WPX 1996 CW

Hi friends,

I'll use the callsign HGM3CW in the CQ WPX CW Contest. I will be a Single Op
on All Band with a "lightweight" High Power.

HG3CW is the callsign of the Hungarian CW Group (HACWG). It can be used by the
members upon request. HAM/HGMs  are special prefixes for the 1100th
anniversary of the Hungarian State.

Pse QSL to HA1AG. Every card will be answered immediately.

I hope it arouses your interest... See you all in the contest!

73s de Zoli HA1AG

                        CW FOREVER...

        HACWG # 17      HSC # 1512      VHSC # 295