CQ-Contest

June 1996 CQ out

Subject: June 1996 CQ out
From: HENRYPOL@aol.com (HENRYPOL@aol.com)
Date: Mon May 20 23:30:29 1996
Made the trip to the PO box Monday morning on the way to the new offices.
 Worth the effort, new CQ and Saltwater Sportsman.

Cover photo of N7RT's shack with short writeup on Table of Contents page.
 FT990 owners should note the writeup.  Apparently Hardy has significantly
modified the receiving circuits.  Someone may want to contact him and get the
details; might be of interest to those on the reflector.

Contesting related items:  How to Build A Simple QRN Squasher; 95 CQ WW DX CW
and SSB High-Claimed Scores; Contest Calendar - Preserving the Status Quo in
Contesting; and Doug's Desk - A Minimum-Space Wire Vertical for 75/160
Meters.

Other interesting items: Build Your Own 30 Meter Transceiver; review of
PacComm Spirit 2 Terminal Node Controller; Math's Notes - New Breed of Low
Dropout Regulators;  Bill's Basics - MFJ9420 20 meter SSB travel radio; VHF
Plus - Balloon Launches; and more...

Special Note: Ad for W6SAI's new antenna book, W6SAI HF Antenna Handbook.
 This could be interesting, ad indicates that there WILL NOT be 200 pages of
theory and graphs.  This could be a compilation of all of Bill's articles
that have been written over the years in Ham Radio and CQ.

For those that have been following my comments about magazine covers and the
lack of writeups, I must report that this trend has now spread to the issue
of Saltwater Sportsman received today.

73 and good reading,
Henry Pollock - WB4HFL
henrypol@aol.com