CQ-Contest

Fwd: Some Good News From The WPX Contest

Subject: Fwd: Some Good News From The WPX Contest
From: BK1ZX70SFL@aol.com (BK1ZX70SFL@aol.com)
Date: Tue May 28 22:57:54 1996
As Vice President of the Florida Contest Group, AC1O, as an officer has
willingly assumed an officer's ongoing duty of prospecting for new blood.
Walt, sharp as a tack, clearly has been at work!

I like it....if we can play this right, Walt, the ARRL DX contest would be
just like Sweepstakes with a short exchange! Key West is closer to Cuba than
Miami.

Can we trade all of the Florida Contest Group's "lost to water territory" for
Cuba? Would we have to change our name to the Carribean Contest Group?

Mis Amigos!

k1zx@contesting.com
---------------------
From: aa0ob@skypoint.com (Greg Fields) (Greg Fields)
Subject: "To IARU FASC"

I got this reponse back a few days after submitting my FASC thoughts to the
IARU.
I'm sure everyone gets something in return but, at least you know they are
taking
in the emails and will hopefully review them all. So if you havn't sent in your
thoughts do so by the end of June! They can't share your thoughts if you don't
send them in!

73,

Greg AA0PB

>Dear Greg:
>
>Thank you for your comments on the FASC discussion paper. Your thoughts are
>being shared with the committee members.
>
>We appreciate your taking the time to participate in the FASC process.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Larry E. Price, W4RA
>Secretary, IARU

Greg Fields AA0OB
aa0ob@skypoint.com
Minneapolis, Minnesota
U.S.A.

From: Lbylll@LBY.pcmail.levels.unisa.edu.au (Linda Luther) (Linda Luther)
Subject: WPX single op

TO:- Contest Reflector, KM9P
From:- Martin VK5GN

Bill, KM9P, comments on the time format for WPX single op.
Yes, yes, yes I do so much agree!!! What a perceptive fellow.
The reasons for this change were always nonsense as I have
pointed out to anyone who stands still for a few minutes to
talk contesting.
WPX was always my favourite contest. It was possible to do
quite well even from the far ends of the earth "down under"
with the 30 hour provision ..... when I got the strategy
correct.
The new structure just suits those operating from the best
place  calling CQ and operating with all the cerebral
proficiency of the average intellectually challenged
cockroach!
Write in your vote for the return of a contest with real
strategic challenge on your CW entry summary sheet.I will.

Martin VK5GN