CQ-Contest

Mosley Pro-96, Yaesu G-2800SDX Rotor

Subject: Mosley Pro-96, Yaesu G-2800SDX Rotor
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 7 13:10:39 1996
>I just aquired a Mosley Pro-96 and a Yaesu G-2800sdx rotor. If anybody
>has had any problems with either or may have a suggestion regarding
>either of them, I would appreciate any info. I managed to get them both
>far below there real value.

Hi, Hugh --

     The Mosley antennas are very sensitive to antennas in direct proximity
so I wouldn't mount ANYTHING around it (2M antennas, HF slopers, etc.).

     The Achilles heel of the Yaesu rotators is their clam-shell mast clamp.
 It is made out of cast aluminum and you can break it very easily during
installation.  Follow the instructions exactly and you'll probably stay out
of trouble.

     Other than that and installing the tower per specs, have fun.

      BTW, you may want to check into Towertalk, the tower and antenna
construction reflector.  It has many knowledgeable people on it and is a
terrific source of information for tower and antenna questions.  Send a
message to towertalk-request@akorn.net with subscribe in the message to sign
up.  See you there.

73,  Steve   K7LXC