CQ-Contest

July/August NCJ out

Subject: July/August NCJ out
From: HENRYPOL@aol.com (HENRYPOL@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jul 9 23:11:29 1996
Wow!, new slick format for NCJ cover, and in living color!  Looks better than
the old format (IMO; Bravo Sue); but feels thinner. Cover photo of AH3C
operating C4A with a feature story inside.

Feature articles: Preliminary Look at Improved Stack Spacing for Short-Boom
Tribanders; C4A - Contesting for Asia; RTTY Contesting Primer; 1996 WRTC;
Review of W2IHY Audio Equalizer and Noise Gate; Score Rumors - 96 ARRL DX
SSB; Results of Feb 96 NCJ CW and Phone Sprints.

Regular Columns:  Profile of NP4Z; Contest Tips, Tricks, & Techniques -
Low-Band Contesting; VHF-UHF Contesting - Best 6 Meter Contest Rig; Upcoming
Contest Expeditions.

Other items:  Eyeball QSO Pictures from Dayton; ad for K6STI's DSP Blaster;
and more...

73 and good reading,
Henry Pollock - WB4HFL
henrypol@aol.com

From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin) (Dale L. Martin)

> From:          HENRYPOL@aol.com
> To:            cq-contest@tgv.com
> Cc:            AA5BANANA@aol.com
> Subject:       July/August NCJ out

> Wow!, new slick format for NCJ cover, and in living color!  Looks better than
> the old format (IMO; Bravo Sue); but feels thinner. Cover photo of AH3C
> operating C4A with a feature story inside.

Saturday afternoon, I get home from downtown Houston to find the
NCJ (in its nice, fresh looking cover/format) in my mailbox.  It's
off to the local Tex-Mex restaurant for a leisurely afternoon lunch
(it's too hot to stay at home and run the A/C).  Read the whole
magazine in one sitting, two Corona's, one basket of chips, three
little bowlettes of salsa, and a Tacos Al Carbon dinner.

Now what am I going to do until the next one arrives???

I hate when that happens.

73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
Houston, Texas
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u

From: neader@centuryinter.net (KA9FOX, Scott Neader) (KA9FOX, Scott Neader)
Subject: WRTC Contest?

Regarding my question of whether there is a contest of sorts to work the
WRTC guys as many times as possible... WA7BNM reminded me of an earlier
posting by W6OAT addressing this issue.

Yes, the fine folks running WRTC are giving away lots of goodies for
working the boys. And I quote:

>Those who "slice through" the pileups will earn a customized WRTC
>letter opener endorsed for making 10, 25, 50, 75, or 100 QSOs on any
>combination of bands and modes.  If you're lucky enough to achieve a
>"grand slam" by working all 52 different 1x1 callsigns, you'll garner a
>special commemorative deck of WRTC playing cards.

In addition, plaques are available for the people making the most WRTC QSOs:

>Numerous radio clubs and individuals have donated plaques to be awarded
>to amateurs in specific geographical areas who make the most QSOs with
>WRTC team stations.  These areas are Worldwide (excluding the San
>Francisco Bay Area*); Africa, Asia, Oceania, and South America; ITU Zone
>6 (excluding the SF Bay Area), Zone 6 (SF Bay Area), Zone 7, Zone 8, Zone
>11, Zone 18, Zone 27, Zone 28, Zone 29 and Zone 37.

So, there you go.  Work the boys for the fun of it, and maybe earn a prize
or a plaque.  As Trey would say... "Such a deal!!"

73 - Scott KA9FOX

INTERNET SOLUTIONS - Affordable web page design and storage
Scott Neader (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100 / neader@centuryinter.net
Internet Solutions web: http://www.QTH.com/is   Ham web: http://www.QTH.com

From: kn6dv@qnet.com (Will, KN6DV) (Will, KN6DV)
Subject: SCCC NAQP CW and SSB teams.

It is time again to get teams together for the NAQP.
The NAQP CW contest is August 3rd and the NAQP SSB contest is August 18th.
Please send me a msg. if you would like to be on a team for the SCCC.

Thanks 73 de Will,  KN6DV
Vice President SCCC

http://www.av.qnet.com/~kn6dv

kn6dv@contesting.com