CQ-Contest

Ham/Contest Club meetings in Los Angeles area?

Subject: Ham/Contest Club meetings in Los Angeles area?
From: HENRYPOL@aol.com (HENRYPOL@aol.com)
Date: Tue Oct 1 21:58:35 1996
I will be on a business trip in the LA area (Simi Valley) next week
(10/7-10/96).  Are there any ham or contest club meetings that I might
attend, in case I have some spare time in the evenings?

73,
Henry Pollock - WB4HFL
henrypol@aol.com

From: clewis@ro.com (Charles Lewis, AD4Y) (Charles Lewis, AD4Y)
Subject: Fwd: Kenwood Sales Manager

Art,

You're outta line here! You've defamed his product, his objectives, and now,
with the
callsign spelling (KD6DUH), you've attacked his intelligence. If you haven't
already
done so, you ought to be man enough to confront him head on, not hiding behind
the
keyboard! Talk to him! Tell us exactly what he says! Do you really think the
majority of
us are laughing with you? Even if Kenwood is pursuing the marketing strategy
we've seen
suggested on these reflectors, the situation isn't likely to be improved by the
kind of
derision you've subjected us all to. These guys are pro's; they're also human,
and make
mistakes, and some are even willing to admit it! Give him a chance. Ya never
know; he
may thank you for pointing out the error of his ways ;)...my point is: I'd like
to hear
what he has to say to you. Or would you rather see him respond to you in front
of all of
us so we can laugh at you with his clever spelling of your call? What goes
around comes
around!
  73,
  Chuck, AD4Y
        "Attribute not to others thine own faults, lest they thine own self
define"

From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith) (Pete Smith)
Subject: SB-220 on 10 mtrs

I've just acquired my first amp in 40 years of contesting, an SB-220.  It
shows excellent power out on 80-15 meters -- ca. 1200 W -- but only about
700 on 10.  Is this to be expected?  I remember reading somewhere that the
Measures parasitic suppressors with the nichrome wire could have this effect
on 10.  Possible?

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com
... and not changing!