CQ-Contest

Ref: Virus//Egg on my face

Subject: Ref: Virus//Egg on my face
From: N3ADL@aol.com (N3ADL@aol.com)
Date: Thu Oct 10 21:42:45 1996
Well.... What can I say... This very official looking announcement came
across my terminal at work claiming damage done by this virus. The
investigating authority (a federal agency) will be contacted as they have
plenty of egg on their face, too. I apologize for any inconvenience but,
having been the victim of a virus,  I figured better safe than sorry. From
the many flames I received it seems this is an OLD hoax but was originated in
my mail today from LA county.

Again I'm sorry....now we can return to QSL information exchange, the debate
about cheating, and net bashing.

Flame on...I'll be in the Caribbean in 13 days ;-)   73 de Doug // N3ADL

From: steven@zianet.com (Steven Nace KN5H) (Steven Nace KN5H)
Subject: NCJ CW Sprint Log processor?

At 10:57 AM 10/10/96 -0700, N?TR wrote:

>Also, this will be the last time I am processing the logs for the NCJ CW
>sprint.  Use cwsprint@contesting.com to send you logs and they will
>get to the new editor okay.

Who is this new editor?

de Hose  KN5H       not  KN5S - not  KM5H

From: vr2bg@asiaonline.net (VS6BrettGraham) (VS6BrettGraham)
Subject: October Asia-Pacific Sprint date

The date of the next running of the Asia-Pacific Sprint has been published
by various sources on two different dates. The autumn event should be held
on the third Saturday of October, which is 19 October.  Some sources (CQ
Contest, QST, NCJ) give a date of 12 October, which is incorrect.

Please note that the correct date is 19 October.  See you then!

73, VS96BrettGraham vr2bg@harts.org.hk

From: n3kkm@netrax.net (Bill All) (Bill All)
Subject: PA QSO Party & W3HZU

Thanks to all who replied to my request for rules for the PA QSO party.

W3HZU, the Keystone VHF Club in York county Pa will be on the air during
the weekend.
73 de Bill n3kkm