CQ-Contest

FCC licensing activity - or lack of???

Subject: FCC licensing activity - or lack of???
From: WN9JAT@aol.com (WN9JAT@aol.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 19:35:08 1996
Hi Steve,
I have been checking the fcc ftp site dayly and found the
same thing 0 zip nada. I called the fcc and found out there
computer has been down since last Friday evening, and is
still down today. So who was squashing rumors about
computer problems, corrupted database etc ? They do
not know when the computer will be back on line. This
isn't like waiting for Christmas, It's like no knowning when
Christmas will be coming. I asked the guys at the ARRL
to have their guy try to get a more definitive answer.
Hardware, Software, Corrupted data, part not available,
Using FAA flight contollers computers (those things are always
going down) whats up ?? Some answer even bad news would
be better than no news.

73/Jerry/WN9JAT -----> Now theres a guy that really needs a vanity call

From: ai7b@teleport.com (Bob Wruble) (Bob Wruble)
Subject: Vanity info

I THINK "WILLY BILLY 5 GNAT KNIFE PNEMONIA" IS A BTR CHOICE.....
73 DE BRAVO
> From: Lee Hiers AA4GA <aa4ga@contesting.com>
> To: cq-contest@tgv.com
> Subject: Re: Vanity info
>
> On 30 Oct 96, Bill Fisher KM9P wrote:
>
> > Regarding the W4DX callsign that was taken back by the FCC...
They said