CQ-Contest

The negative effects of packet on S/O Unass.

Subject: The negative effects of packet on S/O Unass.
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 07:54:58 1996

>For what it's worth..  Whenever I heard a station go "QRZ?" without giving
>their call, I'd go ahead and call them.  About 75% of the time, they'd come
>back to me.  And about 75% of those times, they were a dupe.  I find it VERY
>difficult to believe the time they saved by not giving calls was greater
>than the time they wasted working duplicates...

      Isn't that the truth!?!  What a colossal waste of time for HIM and ME.
 Pretty stupid operating IMO.

    BTW, this is why I sent a new Q signal request to the ARRL:

   QDC --  What's your damn call?

73,  Steve   K7LXC

From: dippel@rrze.uni-erlangen.de (Dieter Dippel) (Dieter Dippel)
Subject: CQWWDX SSB: QSL-INFORMATION

CQWWDX SSB CONTEST 1996
QSL-MANAGER (last update 31st of October 1996)

tnx for information SM4EMO, OK1DXI, IK7TAJ and others

c/o: DF4RD, Dieter (email: dippel@rrze.uni-erlangen.de)

Member of the Bavarian Contest Club
http://www.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/~unrz45/BCC

3C1DX via EA6BH
3DA0CQ via WJ2O
3DA0DX via WJ2O
3DA0WW via ZS6WPX
3E1DX via KF0UI
3V8BB via YT1AD
4F4IX via DU4IX
4L1DX via OZ1HPS
4M5X via WS4E
4S7EF via CBA/bureau
4U1ITU via J. Meezen, Narcisstraat 3, NL-9675 MA Winschoten, Netherlands
4V2A via 9A2AJ
5B4ES via CBA/bureau
5C8MC via CN8MC
5K6W via HK6KKK
5N0MVE via ON7LX
5N0T via F2YT
5N36T via F2YT
5X4F via K3SW (!!!new!!!)
6W6JX via F6FNU
6Y5XX via JE3MAS
7P8/OE2VEL via OE2DYL
7Z1IS via SM0OFG
7Z5OO via W1AF
8P9Z via K4BAI
8Q7OK via EA3BT
8R1K via OH0XX, Suite 599, 1313 So.Military Trail,
8R1K            Deerfield Beach, FL 33442, U.S.A.
9G1BJ via G4XTA
9J2CE via IN3VZE
9J2FR via I2ZZU
9J2SZ via SP8DIP
9K2HN via CBA/bureau
9K2RA via CBA/bureau
9M8R via W7EJ
9N1OSN via WAOSN
9N1SM via K0AHI
9Y4H via K6NA
9Y4NZ via CBA/bureau
A35DM via ON4QM
A35RK via W7TSQ
A35SQ via W7TSQ
A45ZN via QSL DIRECT TO H.C.
A45ZN via G4KLF
A71CW via SP5EXA
AH8A via WILLIAM E.FAULKNER, P.O.BOX 2567,
AH8A     PAGO PAGO, 96799-2567, AMERICAN SAMOA
AY7D via LU7DW
BY4AA via CBA
BY4RSA via CBA
BY4SZ via CBA
C31LJ via VE3GEJ
C40M via 5B4AFM
C6AHU via WJ8C
CQ1A via WA1ECA
CT3/OH6LI via OH6LI
CT3BX via HB9CRV
CT3FN via HB9CRV
CT8T via CT1DVV
CY0XX via WA4DAN
D25L via PA3DMH
DU3/AH8F via G4ZVJ
DX1CW via JA3GN
EA8AH via OH1RY
ED6PZ via ED6PZ
ED7SDX via EA7GA
ED9EA via EA9EA
EK4GK via GW3CDP
EO6F via OE5EIN
ES1J via ES1WW
EX9A via DF8WS
EY2Q via EY8CQ
FG5BG via KI6FE
FG5HR via F6BUM
FK5DX via WB2RAJ
FR5DX via CBA
FR5HR via F5RRH
FS5PL via WX9E
GM6V via GM4DMZ
GM6X via GM4FDM
HB0/DL6FDB via JH1BSE ?????
HB0/HB9LEY via JH1BSE ?????
HC8A via WV7Y
HC8N via AA5BT
HG1H via HA1KSA or RADIO CLUB OF GYOR, P.O. BOX 79, H-9002 GYOR
HL9DX via N7RO
HP1/DL5RBW via DL5RBW
HP1/DL8RBR via DL8RBR
HR6/WA6VNR via WA6VRN
HS1AZ via K6VNX
IJ7/IK7XIV via IK7IMO
IJ7/IK7IMO via IK7IMO
IQ1A via I1JQJ
IR1A via IK1GPG
IR8A via IK0YYY
IU2M via IK2SFZ
J28JY via F6BFH
J3A via WA8LOW
J48Y via SV1BKN (Salamis Island EU-075)
J52IM via KB9XN
JT1T via JT1KAA
JY9QJ via DL5MBY
KH0/JA1HGY via JA1HGY
KH0/JA4DND via JA4DND
KH0/KE6DI via JA1BRK
KH0/JR1MLU via JR1MLU
KH0A via JF1MIA
M6G via G1AHL
M6T via G3XTT
MS0ALN via GM0OPS
NH2C via JI3ERV
NH2G via WF5T
NP4Z via WC4E
OI0RJ via OH0RJ
OI2E via OH2IW
OI6YF via OH6YF
OI7T via OH7AAC
OY6A via  Fra Contest Club, Hambaru Yuiri Vid Strond FR-100,
OY6A      Faeroerne 0138, Faroe Island
P40E via N2MM
P49I via K4PI
PJ9E via OH5BM
PJ9T via AB4JI
RN9XA via Eugene V.Bugrimov, P.O.Box 1229, Syktyvkar 167001, Russia
S01M via EA7EL
SU1SK via IK8AUC
T77C via WA4JTK
T88T via OKDXF (Box 88, Morris, OK 74445-0088, USA)
T9DX via T93M
TA4ZM via DK5WL
TK1A via DF7RX
TL8MS via DL6NW
TM2FM via bureau or RADIO CLUB DU CE DE LA FRANCAISE DE MECANIQUE
TM2FM               BP 8, F-62138 DOUVRIN, FRANCE
TM2X via F2VX
TR8JCV via RSGB
TU2XZ via HH2HM/F
TZ6VV via AA0GL
V26B via WT3Q
V44NK  via K2SB
V47KP via K2SB
V59T via N2AU
V85HG via JH7FQK
VA3MG via VE3MG
VA3SK via VE3SK
VP2E via WB5CRG's CBA for the contest only !!!
VP5DX via K4UTE
VP5T via N2WW
VP9ID via K1EFI
VR2KF via JH1OGX
VS6WO via K9EC
W5ZPA/BY1QH via W5ZPA
WH0/WH2Q via JI1DLZ
WP2AHW via KE2VB
XO7A via VE7SV
XR8S via CE8SFG
XX9X via OH2BH  Martti Laine, Nuottaniementie 3 D 20, FIN-02230, Finland
XY1U via JA8RUZ
YB1AQS via DK7YY
YB1XUR via YC1XUR   Direct to CBA
YB3OSE via W7TSQ
YB9BV via AA7VB
YM2ZM via OKDXF
YT7A via YU7GMN
YV5R via YV5EFP
ZC4EE via G4SSH
ZD8Z via N6TJ
ZM2K via ZL2IR
ZP0R via JA7AYE
ZS1AFZ via KU9C   direct only SASE
ZS8IR via ZS6EZ
ZV2EPA via PY2YW
ZX0F via PY5EG
ZX5J via PP5JR

send corrections, additions, etc. to
Dieter, DF4RD

From: 102505.2241@CompuServe.COM (Rick Dougherty NQ4I) (Rick Dougherty NQ4I)
Subject: San Diego Hams

Can a contestor in the San Diego area pse e-mail me a phone number for Glenn
K6NA...I am in San Diego for another day and would like to catch up with
him...tnx de Rick NQ4I....or call me at Embassy Suites in SAN DIEGO...

From: glsalvia@capri.it (gian luca salvia) (gian luca salvia)
Subject: How to make a tower resonate on 80/160 Mtrs ?

Ola Angel,
I would appreciate to receive some suggestions you receive, being one of my
next targets, to feed my towers.

Best 73 and I look forward to receive your news.

Luca, IC8WIC

At 00.42 31/10/96 +0100, Angel M. Claus wrote:
>Hi all
>
>We are a contest group in Spain,  EA4ML, and we have 8 towers of 90' (30
>mtrs) each one.
>Till now the antenna we have been using both on 80 and 160 are Inverted V's
>, but the results aren't what we are looking for on those bands.
>Could somebody help me and let me know how to make the tower to be used as a
>vertical ?
>is it possible to use them both on 80 and 160 mtrs ? , or just only one band ?.
>Four of these towers are used to stand the monobanders for 10/15/20 and 40
>Meters. the other four are free at the moment.
>
>Any help will be appreciated,  I'll send a summary with answers if requested.
>Thank you in advance and please send answers to my Email address.
>
>73 de Angel M. Claus   EA7CEZ
>
>ea7cez@arrakis.es

Gian Luca Salvia

glsalvia@capri.it
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/5846
Visit the CAPRI page:

http://www.capri.it
http://caprionline.com

From: silver@ax.apc.org (Carlos Augusto S. Pereira) (Carlos Augusto S. Pereira)
Subject: First ARRL and CQWW Contests?

>> >Most of you might be older than me (I am 28 years-old) and
>> >I am curious to know when the first CQWW and the first ARRL International
>> >Contests happened?
>> >
>> >At that time they already had SSB and CW? Or AM and CW?
>>
>> aren't they cute when they're that young?
>
>Yeah, didn't you all still use spark gap back then?
>
>:-)
>
>-- Ray, WQ5L, age 28, CK 81

I was mentioneing about categories! Perhaps my english is not good enough. No
reason to make fun. Would you like to establish a conversation in Portuguese?
It would be better (for me at least!).

Hey! I still don't know when the first CQWW happened. I think you don't
either(HI!)

73,

Carlos - PY1CAS

From: trey@cisco.com (Trey Garlough) (Trey Garlough)
Subject: No subject

> Several months ago, W6QHS posted some dimensions for a Hygain 204BA
> that gave good gain, SWR and F/B across the entire 20 meter band.
> Could somebody dig up that info and email me a copy?
> thanks

You can dig it up yourself by sending a message to fileserv@tgv.com
that says

        SENDME CQ-CONTEST-ARCHIVE.yyyy-mm

where yyyy-mm is the year and month of the monthly archive you wish to
browse through.

--Trey, WN4KKN

From: silver@ax.apc.org (Carlos Augusto S. Pereira) (Carlos Augusto S. Pereira)

>On Wednesday, October 30, 1996 10:59 AM, Carlos Augusto S.
>Pereira[SMTP:silver@ax.apc.org] wrote:
>>Dear friends,
>>
>>Most of you might be older than me (I am 28 years-old) and
>>I am curious to know when the first CQWW and the first ARRL International
>>Contests happened?
>>
>>At that time they already had SSB and CW? Or AM and CW?
>
>aren't they cute when they're that young?
>

>Dale Martin, KG5U
>kg5u@hal-pc.org
>http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u

If you don't know, just don't reply! It is easy and simple!

Carlos - PY1CAS

From: kurscj@oampc12.csg.mot.com (Chad Kurszewski WE9V) (Chad Kurszewski WE9V)
Subject: Pointing yagis straight up. Reliable tuning method???

>>     I finally got the measurements for my CC 3el 20m yagi and
>> have it matched to original specs. It now behaves like a normal
>> yagi. I have no way of adjusting the match on this antenna for
>> lowest VSWR except the old "Point er up at the sky" method. Is
>> this a reliable way to adjust for lowest SWR....
>> KP4XS/W4

>I think the pointing a yagi straight up is allot of wasted time an
>effort.
>I'd like to know how you point a 48 ft beam straight up to begin with
>Jay  WX0B

Just this fall, we (KS9K and myself) did the point at the sky method
on our four new homebrew 48' boom, 6el 15M beams.

Although we did not record SWR values for "sky method" versus "on the tower",
I am very pleased with the performance on the tower.  When first built,
they did not have a good match when using the sky method.  We adjusted
them accordingly using the sky method and they look (work) great on the
tower.

As for how you point a 48 foot boom into the sky, we did it.
Piece of cake.

I think it worked great and will definitely do it again.

---
Chad Kurszewski, WE9V              e-mail:  Chad_Kurszewski@csg.mot.com
The Official "Sultans of Shwing" Web Site:  http://www.QTH.com/sos