CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] CQ WW Operation Announcement - Suggestion

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Operation Announcement - Suggestion
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:37:28 -0700
> *We expect contesters announcing somewhere their Contest plans in advance,
> especially those intending to operate Low Power, QRPp, claiming unassisted.*
>
> I understand that to me on DX bulletins and/or other News sites
> like Radio-Sport.net , the ARRL Contest Reflector written by N0AX and even
> your own website or Blog etc
>
> 73
> kg5vk

The Contest Update is not the place for contest operating announcements.  DO
NOT send me any announcements of operations.

Perhaps a Web page will be cobbled up similar to 3830 on which one can announce
the category and QTH of entry.  Something will surely be fielded by the CQ WW
folks, sooner or later.

In the meantime, posting it here on cq-contest makes it available immediately
and the archives can be easily searched. I recommend making the subject line
unambiguous so it's easy to see in the reflector archives without opening the
email at all, similar to the subject for this message:

Subject: CQ WW [mode] - Contest Call by Operator,Operator,Operator; Category;
QTH

For example:
CQ WW SSB - W7VMI by N0AX; SO-A; W7
CQ WW SSB - HC8A by N6KT; SOAB-HP; HC8
CQ WW CW - K0KL by K0KL,N0AX,W0FF,W0RSF; MS; W0
CQ WW CW - P5RS7 by 3W0RR; SOSB-160; Jail

If you must, add text in the body of the email about how we should all work you
:-)

73, Ward N0AX