CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Propagation Query

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Propagation Query
From: k7fr@televar.com (Gary A. Nieborsky PE)
Date: Wed Feb 25 09:23:37 1998
There appeared to be a lot of skewed path/front-backscatter/voodoo
propagation modes present during the contest.  My best one was on 10M.  I
was beaming VK/ZL/KH (90 deg off of JA) and started picking up JA's.
Turned the beam toward JA and nada......back to VK/ZL/KH and JA's came
back.  I'm guessing we were working off of some form of scatter mode.
Turning the beam towards EU (180 from VK/ZL/KH, 90 east from JA) resulted
in zip (nothing to scatter upon?).

Ain't propagation cool?

Gary K7FR