CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections
From: "Franki ON5ZO" <on5zo@telenet.be>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 07:47:09 +0200
> Haven't inspections been a reality in European Field Day
> (and maybe other contests?) for some years?
> Doug Smith W9WI

Yes, in Belgium there's always the possibility that your FD station gets a
visit from an UBA official. You don't know who or when or how - but the
possibility is there.
I was one of those in 2005. ON4CCP drove over 950 km that day / night going
from site to site and we did not find anything against the rules.
I know ON4WW has done so too and he too only found passionate hams and
friendly people, no contesting criminals.

Mind you: the official mission is: "inspect fieldday sites and bust
cheaters", although none of us gets on the road with that in mind. Imagine
you really have to DQ a club, no fun at all!
We only wanted to let the FD participants show that the UBA cares and see
how all those different clubs take a different approach to a FD (and a BBQ
for that matter). But like I said: everything goes by the book.

All these measures for a handful of rotten apples (some even only 'with
spots' - no pun intended) in a 3000 CQ WW apple batch...

73 de Franki ON5ZO / OQ5M