CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC updated FAQ - Remote operation

To: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC updated FAQ - Remote operation
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 09:18:16 +0300
Hello all and thanks for different opinions!

As we can see from the replies, obviously the question needs to be further
clarified by RDXC Committee :)

And to you Paul...

The topic was written with the purpose to get the issue clear and does not
necessarily reflect my own opinions of what I would like to consider real
contesting ;) The arguments shown in my words actually reflects what others
have said to me when I had my doubts about remote contesting operation...

Next ARRL CW (when we have minus 30 C or colder), I truly invite you to
Moscow for some REAL Russian Extreme contesting in my summer house :)  We
will take all measures to at least raise the INSIDE temperature in that
place to minus 5 by the end of the contest.

Please make sure to bring a few drops of Irish special beverages so we will
survive ;)  Bring some nice warm gloves with open finger tips for the use of
my old-fashioned Bencher - You will need it, believe me!

Irony is a part of the Swedish tradition, so sorry for making you think I am
a weak viking in Russia not ready to endure a bit of pain for contesting ;)
I often do that wintertime as you can now understand.

Remote is not my cup of tea, but I know many persons who do like to explore
this way of operation, and as CQWW apparently even agrees for this type of
operation from another country (correct me if I am wrong), then I think RDXC
must be more clear in the English formulations...

So next time Paul, relax a bit and dont take any opinion on the reflector as
a private offence to your and others opinions ;)  Contesting is fun, but not
a struggle of life and death, is it?

73 de R3/SM6LRR, Mats