CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted or multi op.?

To: Timothy Coker <n6win73@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted or multi op.?
From: Iain MacDonnell - N6ML <ar@dseven.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 01:39:22 +0000
The IARU rule is:

"4.1.3. Use of spotting nets, packet, or multi-channel decoders (such
as CW Skimmer) is not permitted. Single-operator stations that use
spotting nets, packet or multi-channel decoders will be reclassified
to the Multi-operator, Single Transmitter category. "

It could be argued that submitting spots constitutes "use of". Of
course the spirit of the rule is that you don't use spots to find
stations to work. It'd be tough to prove that you didn't do that, when
clearly you were connected during the contest, but then there's
nothing to say that someone who didn't submit any spots wasn't
receiving them.

Ultimately, it's up to the contest manager - suggest you make your
case to contests [at] arrl.org

    ~Iain / N6ML