CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] IRCs, a "lighter topic"...

To: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IRCs, a "lighter topic"...
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 18:13:15 -0400
Personally, I don't redeem them.

IRC's are pretty pricey here in Canada (I bought a few last year).
When I get an IRC for a direct card, I pay for the postage and hang on
to the IRC.  Then, I send the IRC out to another station that I am
QSLing direct.

This way, IRC's tend to stay in circulation for quite a few years.

Some folks (QSL managers) who get a lot of them will sometimes sell
them.  Cheaper than buying them at the Post Office.

Tom - VE3CX