CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] FD Class D CQ (was: Field Day and contesting...)

To: Rex Maner <k7qq@netzero.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FD Class D CQ (was: Field Day and contesting...)
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 22:39:02 -0400
Responding to K7QQ's direct reply, below.

Yeah, as I was hitting "Send" I realized Rex was asking only abt history.
My only additional point was my own feeling that Class D CQ >>should<< be
prohibited -- but I was (again) in the minority.

In my few minutes of operation last weekend (looking for the Club station,
but I did work a few others) I heard several big guns running people Class
D.  I guess it's fun, and it does helps the "real" FD stations.  And if the
Class D guys don't like getting called by zero-point Class D stations, then
maybe they shouldn't call CQ  :>)

73, Art K3KU