CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX SSB: 40m operation

To: "Bob Naumann - W5OV" <W5OV@W5OV.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX SSB: 40m operation
From: "LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad" <la5he@otterstad.dk>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:08:35 +0100
Until the broadcast stuff goes away and allocations in Europe for SSB move
up the band, I'm afraid that 40m CW operators will have to be satisfied with
not having SSB below 7040 for only 359 of the 365 days every year.  (Two
days each for ARRL, WPX, & CQWW).

I guess the question is, who is really being selfish?

73,

Bob W5OV

The way I see it is:  We have bandplans to avoid problems like this.
 If the contest organisers would just include a clause about not adhering to
them would mean disqualification
I think we would get back to a something all could live with.

There are "traffic rules" which just have to be followed if we want to avoid
" collisions " !  IMHO

After all, most hams are not contesters. I'll say live and let live !

73  Rag LA5HE