CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Distance + Path DX contest scoring method (Excel proof

To: Guy Molinari <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Distance + Path DX contest scoring method (Excel proof of concept)
From: Pat Rundall <pat@n0hr.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 22:56:02 -0500
Thanks to all who replied regarding my spreadsheet to test Distance + Path
based scoring options. There appears to be some interest in a method like
this. I've made several changes to it.

http://www.n0hr.com/n0hr_dxtest_scoring.xls

Thanks to Bob, K0RC, for adding some mods including sort buttons.

Here's what's new with the latest version:
1) Bi directional sort buttons
2) Side-by-side regional comparison worksheet (2nd tab). Use this to compare
3 regions (ie West Coast, Mid West, New England).
3) Report of # entities in each "bin" of points. For example, "42 entities
between 1 and 2 points" for a QTH.
4) Formatting tweaks

This version will require you to enable macros (security thing) when you
open the spreadsheet.

Previous caveats remain.

73
Pat N0HR