CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Comments on Proposed Changes to ARRL DX

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Comments on Proposed Changes to ARRL DX
From: K6VAR <wimpyvo2max@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 20:32:43 -0700
Quick estimate: East Coast participation vs. West Coast participation
2010 ARRL DX CW contest

Compare submitted logs vs. total number of licensed Extras and Generals

CALL AREA 1,2 and 3
Total Extras and Generals: 51,248
Total submitted logs: 450
Participation rate = 1 per 114

CALL AREA 6 and 7
Total Extras and Generals: 68,260
Total submitted logs: 306
Participation rate = 1 per 223

East coast submitted 47% more logs than the west coast.
West coast participation rate per "capita" is 50% less than the east coast.

Call area 5 participated less than both of the coasts, with 111 logs
per 33,492 hams (E, G).
Participation rate = 1 per 302.

73 Jim K6VAR

=======