CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

To: <k2kw-8@adelphia.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards
From: Guy Molinari <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 14:44:43 +0000
K2KW wrote:
> K1TTT also makes the distinction that's important: looking at the data vs.
> sending the data. At a minimum, sending data should be allowed by the SO, as
> they are not using the data themselves, but adding to the fun for others.
Kenny,
    I think the committee see 2 problems.  First, ops looking at it might make
tactical decisions based upon the data.   Second, posting to the system is
deemed equivalent to a spot (and a self spot no less).   As you point out, this
could be mitigated by limiting the data.   But it also limits the capabilities
of the scoreboard and to some degree its novelty.

73 - Guy, N7ZG