CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] CW Speed in Sweepstakes

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW Speed in Sweepstakes
From: Art Hambleton <ahambleton@cellularspecialties.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 14:47:34 -0500
What a coincidence.

Yesterday I checked the RBN to see if W1VE ever slowed down his speed under 30
wpm during SS. I compared myself, W1VE, K1RX and K5ZD. I have always noticed
Randy will slow down into the low 20's Sunday afternoon high in the bands. Now
I do this. This year I had planned to raise my average speed from 27 to 30 wpm.
But I found myself having to slow back to 27 too many times.

Also, starting at 1000 QSOs, I start to send my exchanges with the paddle. That
way I can emphasize the four digits. At 1000 Qs too many start sending back NR?
or A? if I keep using the PC. The last hour things often speed up and I can use
the memories again. I also find I relax when I get to 1000 Qs. Sending with the
paddle is kind of like a victory lap as 1000 is usually my goal. This year I
sent "GE" sfter the other guy's call for about an hour, and I stopped using the
second radio.

I don't think I will make the CW top ten again unless I move back west. So
might as well relax for a bit.

art, K1BX